Work to obtain excellent business knowledge of the full transaction cycle within a multi- commodity energy trading environment such that they can converse directly with users and other stakeholders with minimal hand-holding from Business Analysts.
- Work within a hybrid internal/consultant/vendor team to deliver a backlog of new features, enhancements, bug fixes and integrations to support the ongoing needs of the LNG and Coal trading businesses. Demonstrate a strong ability to self-organise when required.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the technical team, whilst also demonstrating end-to-end ownership of entire problems where required.
- Apply their strong software engineering skills to:
- Improve the ability to integrate vendor systems together.
- Improve the ability to unit test customisations of vendor systems.
- Improve the structure the source of such customisations.
- Demonstrate a broad set of technical skills including expert database development and administration, .NET/C# development and Powershell Automation/Devops skills.
- It is most important that they have the ability and desire to rapidly pick up a diverse range of technical skills to support challenges as they arise. For example, whilst not a prerequisite for the role, they are likely to be presented with challenges using technologies such as Azure IaaS/PaaS, Power BI, Tableau, SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Show a highly proactive attitude in learning and immersing themselves in the vendor platforms with the aim of gaining an expert knowledge of how to develop and support extensions and integrations.
- Work with IT to evaluate the quality of the existing vendor system customisations and build out a prioritised backlog of improvements. Work to then safely improve the code estate to improve its flexibility and maintainability.
- Support efforts to introduce end-to-end test automation across the application estate.
- Have a strong engineering focus and eye for high quality delivery. They will be expected to deliver high quality software and adhere to modern software engineering practices. They must also be driven to automate everything as this is ingrained in the culture of the team.
- Have strong systems and business analysis skills, particularly in understanding the complexities of existing software systems.
- Be comfortable with agile delivery modes such as Scrum or Kanban but also be flexible to work with whichever delivery approach works best for the problem at hand.
- Provide 3rd line production support.
Skills and Experience required
- Extensive experience with C# .NET
- Very strong understanding of the core language and framework
- Service oriented development (WCF, Web API or ASMX)
- Data access development (ADO.NET, EF or equivalent such as NHibernate)
- Extensive SQL Server database design and development skills (excellent SQL skills assumed)
- A good working knowledge of database performance optimisation is also required.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with Windows Server infrastructure
- Experience working with agile delivery methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban.
- Experience with Microsoft-based BI stack, including SSIS, SSRS and Power BI is desirable.
- Experience with Azure PaaS and IaaS and corresponding automation toolkits is desirable.
- Highly motivated to continually develop skills and techniques to ensure the best tools are used for the job. Support, resources and technical mentoring will be provided by IT as required.
- Highly motivated to deliver results and ‘go the extra mile’ to meet deadlines.
- Able to multi-task with minimal supervision and highly structured and organised in the way tasks are approached.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong academic background, educated to degree level and/or equivalent professional qualification or relevant business experience.
Base Salary up to £110K
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org OR +447432288972